lisaakelley3

lisaakelley3

ONCE UPON A GRIND

— feeling amazing
Once Upon a Grind - Cleo Coyle

I must admit here and now that this is the first book I have read in the Coffeehouse Mystery series. Not for lack of wanting to. I just have a huge TBR (to be read) and I didn’t want to add a series with so many books already in it to catch up on. Oh boy, have I ever been cheating myself out of some wonderful reading time! This book is not as good as my sister has told me the series is, it’s ten times better!

By the end of chapter one of ONCE UPON A GRIND, I knew I was hooked worse than one gets on the wonderful caffeine this series is about. I felt an instant affection right away with the story’s characters. Series lead Clare Cosi is someone I would like to know. And while I don’t normally care for cozies set in big cities, NYC is about as big as they get, this book had a very cozy, small town feel and I greatly enjoyed it.

The fairy tale theme in the story was very well done. Author Cleo Coyle perfectly blended real life and the fairy tale aspects to create a spectacular mystery that left me breathless. I was on the edge of my seat through the twists and turns of this book. And with its brilliant conclusion, I was finally able to take a deep breath. I am now a mega Cleo Coyle fan. Good thing my sister has the whole series!

So, grab a cup of your favorite brew and be prepared to enjoy this awesome book.

Make sure to check out the back of the book for tons of tips and recipes!