lisaakelley3

lisaakelley3

A STUDY IN DEATH

A Study in Death - Anna Lee Huber

Although I did go through a period when I read primarily Regency romances, I’ll admit that I doubt I would have ever chosen a historical mystery. But now like strong, independent female leads in the books I read. That being said, even though A STUDY IN DEATH is set in 1831, author Anna Lee Huber has penned a female protagonist with every bit the independence as a modern day woman.

I found the series main character, Lady Kiera Darby, to be not only strong and intelligent, but an absolute delight. It was easy at times to forget when and where I was. I adored her relationship with her fiancé, Sebastian Gage, and loved that they work together as investigators.

Since this is the first book I’ve read in the Lady Darby Mystery series, I can’t compare it to the ones that came before. But I can say I found it to be an original and wonderful mystery. Ms. Huber has written a fascinating story that is more in line with the traditional mysteries of years pass. I look forward to reading more in this series.

If you’re a fan of lighter mysteries, and historicals, this book will be something you will truly enjoy.

And cozy fans who love cats . . . Lady Darby has a cat named Earl Grey! How adorable is that?