lisaakelley3

lisaakelley3

SHADOW OF A SPOUT

Shadow of a Spout - Amanda Cooper

Author Amanda Cooper has brewed another winning cup of mystery with her second addition to her Teapot Collector Mystery series.

As with book one, TEMPEST IN A TEAPOT, this book was written from different POVs. It follows several of the characters through the story, allowing the reader to actually be in key scenes as opposed to “hearing” about them through other characters in the book.

While I was surprised SHADOW OF A SPOUT left Auntie Rose’s Victorian Tea House and Gracious Grove behind with this being only the second book in the series (a lot of authors may have waited until further into a series), I found it to be very enjoyable. Well done, Ms. Cooper. That being said, I do look forward to getting back to Gracious Grove.

The mystery of who killed Zuna Pettigrew (love that name), was not short on suspects, with main character Rose Freemont topping the list. I had my suspect all picked out and ended up being very wrong. I love when a book does that to me.

With SHADOW OF A SPOUT, author Copper has certainly assured there will be more books in this wonderful series. Especially with the last few paragraphs bound to leave readers steeping as they wait.

Don’t miss A Cup Of Enlightenment at the back of the book (right after a yummy Cherry Blossoms Cookie recipe). It’s a wonderful and extremely interesting explanation on types of tea and how to steep them properly, written by Karen Owen aka Karen Mom of Three who writes the blog and FB pages, A Cup Of Tea And A Cozy Mystery. I’d love to see more of these features in future books in this series.