lisaakelley3

lisaakelley3

THIS OLD HOMICIDE

This Old Homicide - Kate Carlisle

I really enjoyed this story. Although I didn’t read the first book in this series, A HIGH-END FINSH, I never felt lost or like I was missing anything.

THIS OLD HOMICIDE was fast paced and entertaining. A good, tightly written mystery with plenty of suspects to make you wonder “whodunit”.

Ms. Carlisle is a superb storyteller. Her descriptions of the quaint town of Lighthouse Cove, CA, and the beautiful Victorian homes it is known for, were very vivid and truly drew me in.

My favorite part of this book is protagonist, Shannon Hammer. Her chosen occupation, a building contractor, is very refreshing. Don’t get me wrong, I love lead characters who own shops and restaurants, but this is a fun change. And while Shannon is a woman doing a “man’s” job, she keeps the girly alive by using pink tools, hard hats, tool belts, goggles, the works. Too fun. (No, she doesn’t make her male workers wear pink ;-) )

There is also a fun secondary story for fans who like a bit of a paranormal twist. I look forward to seeing how this will play out in future books.

The only drawback in this book for me, was the over use of curse words. H*ll and a*s made several appearances, but the over use of the word d*mn because very distracting to me. One of my favorite things about cozies is the lack of cursing. I only bring this up because I know a lot of people who read my reviews feel the same way and I thought you would a heads up. However, if you can look pass this or it doesn’t make a difference to you at all, then please do get yourself a copy of THIS OLD HOMICIDE.

You can pre-order your copy now for the January 27 release!