lisaakelley3

lisaakelley3

DEATH BY TIARA

— feeling excited
Death by Tiara (A Jaine Austen Mystery) - Laura Levine

My friend has been trying to get me to read Laura Lavene’s book for months now. But something always came up in my TBR before I could get to one. Well, now I have read one, this book, and I am a fan! I have a lot of catching up to do!

I fell in love with author Lavene’s writing style during the prologue of death by tiara. First off, she is hysterical! I knew if the mystery in this story was half as well written as the comedy, it would be a fantastic read…and it was!

I spent hours immersed in mystery, a teen beauty pageant, and laughing until I cried. I’m so happy I wasn’t drinking my soda when I read protagonist, Jaine, make a plug for book 14 of this series, KILLING CUPID, or I would have done a spit take that would have done any sitcom actor proud. As for the mystery, is was well plotted and had me second guessing myself. To me, the ending of this book was truly unexpected. I just didn’t see the answer to this whodunit coming.

I could find no fault in this book whatsoever. All I found was gifted writing that flowed across the pages so fluidly, I never wanted the story to end.

DEATH BY TIARA may have been my first book in the Jaine Austen Mystery series, but it will not be my last!