lisaakelley3

lisaakelley3

DEATH OF A CHRISTMAS CATERER

Death of a Christmas Caterer - Lee Hollis

Before I start my review, I have to say I have been remiss in writing a review for this book. I should have done it last year (2014) when I read it, and indeed thought I had, only to find I hadn’t when I went to refer to my review for this title while writing one for the newest book in the series, DEATH OF A CUPCAKE QUEEN. It’s very important to post reviews ASAP, especially if you read the book when it first comes out. It helps the authors by letting the publisher see how well a book is liked, and it lets other readers see if they would also like to read it. Those numbers on the first week after release really help decide rather or not a series will continue. And I for one want all of my favorite series to continue, don’t you? Thanks. And now my review.

I loved DEATH IF A CHRISTMAS CATERER as much as every book in this series, and I’ll tell you . . . that is a lot! This is one of my favorite series and I always look forward to a new one. With this fifth book in the series, author Lee Hollis has penned another wonderfully thrilling well plotted, funny mystery. Honestly, it was one of the best so far.

Hayley Powell is one of the most imperfect protagonists in a cozy mystery I have ever read, and I have to say, I love that about her! She makes mistakes, gets caught way too much when she’s being nosey, and pretty much feels her way through every mystery she tries to solve. It’s great! She is the everyday woman that we can relate to. But I will give her credit, she always manages to save the day. J Hayley, her friends Libby and Mona, her brother Andy and his partner Sergio, and Hayley’s kids are among my favorite cast of characters.

I think you can start this series with any book and not be lost. But I would suggest reading them all because you will be treating yourself to one of the best cozy mystery series you’ve ever read. Trust me, you’ll find yourself laughing out loud.

There are also delicious recipes throughout the book, and a recipe index in the back to help you find each one easily. And check out the back of the book for an excerpt of DEATH OF A CUPCAKE QUEEN!