lisaakelley3

lisaakelley3

SENSE OF DECEPTION

Sense of Deception - Victoria Laurie

Congratulations to author Victoria Laurie for an original storyline. Having protagonist psychic Abby Cooper thrown in jail for contempt of court was a great way to start off SENSE OF DECEPTION. Having Abby share a cell with an accused death row murderer and Abby’s psychic sense telling her the woman is innocent when no one else believes she is, was simply inspired.

The story was full of energy and intrigue. There was lot of action and many road blocks as Abby and gang try to find the real murderer. What seemed an impossible uphill battle, was resolved in a surprising and satisfying reveal.

For those who read book 12, FATAL FORTUNE, and were disappointed, I think you’ll find SENSE OF DECEPTION is back on track and up to the standards you have come to expect from this author.

I pointed this out in my last review of a book in this series, but it seems to have fallen into the “cozy” mystery genre. For readers who like their cozies on the true lighter side as cozies should be, this series may not be to your liking. Don’t get me wrong, this is not a hardcore thriller. However, anyone who enjoys an edgier mystery, that doesn’t mind some “language” and such, as well as a slight a paranormal flare, you’ll really like this book and the Psychic Eye Mystery series.