lisaakelley3

lisaakelley3

FLOURLESS TO STOP HIM

Flourless to Stop Him - Nancy J. Parra

FLOURLESS TO STOP HIM is a delectable addition to the Baker’s Treat Mystery series.

This book had me with the first three sentences . . . I love my family. I do. But there are times when I sincerely wish they would take a day off . . . Ha! I know that feeling well! But I do love the concept of a home where extended family members are free to come and go. That they will always have a roof over their heads.

The cast of characters are every bit as much a treat as the delicious recipes that are included. I think anyone would have a hard time not loving lead character Toni’s Grandma Ruth, the ninety something ex-investigative reporter, lifelong member of Mensa. And Grandma Ruth is in great form in this installment!

This was a real page turner of a mystery that kept me reading past my bedtime. I just had to know whodunit, and once I did, I couldn’t believe it!

I also love that in today’s world, with more and more people developing food allergies, author Nancy J. Parra had the idea to do a gluten free bakery. The fact that it is set in the middle of wheat country . . . priceless. As I mentioned above, there are wonderful recipes, gluten free, included in the book.

I look forward to the next book in the Baker’s Treat Mystery series. Ms. Parra has a real job on her hands topping this one!