lisaakelley3

lisaakelley3

DEATH OF A BEAUTY QUEEN

Death of a Beauty Queen: A Poppy Cove Mystery - Barbara Jean Coast

Author Barbara Jean Coast has penned a novel filled with intrigue, excitement, fun, drama, and fashion!

I was thrilled to go back to the 1950's to Santa Lucia, CA and hang out with Margot Williams  and Daphne Hunting-Smythe at their “in” fashion dress shop. Although, I always feel under dressed when I spend time with those ladies. ;-)

Book one of the Poppy Cove Mystery series, STRANGLED BY SILK was unforgettable. In book two, DEATH OF A BEAUTY QUEEN, there was always something happening in this “happening” story. Packed cover to cover with everything that makes a mystery great, this book took my breath away!

It’s very clear that the author did her research into the 50's era. Everything from clothing, manner of speech, and chain smoking fathers pacing maternity ward waiting rooms, transported me to another time. And all of this lent the perfect background to an outstanding mystery of who killed the beauty queen.

Way to go Barbara Jean! I look forward to what books three and beyond have to offer.