lisaakelley3

lisaakelley3

A ROOT AWAKENING

A Root Awakening: A Flower Shop Mystery - Kate Collins

I found A ROOT AWAKENING to be every bit as entertaining as the other volumes in this series. With the same great writing style, it’s packed with mystery, fun, and colorful characters.

It’s hard to believe this is already the sixteenth installment in the Flower Shop Mysteries. Yet, somehow, Ms. Collins has kept this series as fresh as the flowers she writes about. For indeed, it is a wonderful bloom in an ever growing bouquet.

There is a superb “whodunit” with plenty of false leads to keep you guessing. I had no idea who the culprit was until lead character, Abby Knight, knew herself. While I do love to be able to guess sometimes, I really enjoy when a book like this one leaves me with my mouth hanging open and saying, “No way!”

One of my favorite parts of the story was the house hunting involving Abby and her new husband, Marco. It reminded me so much of looking for a new house a couple of years ago. Some of the “fixer uppers” we were shown were in pretty rough shape. Like Abby, I was not enthused with the prospect of being the one to do the fixing.

You’re really going to enjoy A ROOT AWAKENING. If you haven’t read this series yet, please start adding them to your TBR stacks! You won’t be sorry. And if you already read this series, well, you are in for the same wonderful treat you always get when reading the Flower Shop Mysteries.

Check out the end of the book for a blurb on, FLORIST GRUMP, coming in November 2015!