lisaakelley3

lisaakelley3

AS GOUDA AS DEAD

As Gouda as Dead (CHEESE SHOP MYSTERY) - Avery Aames

Releasing just in time to enjoy for Valentine’s Day, Avery Aames has another winner in AS GOUDA AS DEAD. This book is based during Valentine’s Day, so it is perfect to get you in the mood. Ummm…for love and chocolate, not murder. ;-) Let’s leave the murder between the pages.

In this sixth installment of her Cheese Shop Mystery series, Ms. Aames once again pens a winning story so full of intrigue, I was on the edge of my recliner with every chapter. This author’s writing is a true gift. Flawless and fluid, her words kept me turning pages long after I had planned. Honestly, it was hard to put this book down. And once I was finished, I found myself sad that it was over.

I absolutely adore her characters. From protagonist Charlotte Bessette, her close circle of friends, fiancé Jordan Pace, and all the other people that make up the town of Providence, Ohio. These characters are enough to make me want to pack my bags and move!

I can’t to mention the food! My very first job was working in a cheese shop. I remember the smells when opening the door first thing in the morning. This series always brings back those smells, and a big case of the hungries for cheese. Thankfully, many delicious recipes have been included for readers to try at home!

Brava on another great book, Ms. Aames! Gouda for you!

Also, check out the back of the book for an excerpt from FUDGING THE BOOKS, the next in the Cookbook Nook Mystery series also written by this author, but under the name of Daryl Wood Gerber. It’s another of my favorite series!