lisaakelley3

lisaakelley3

TOWN IN A SWEET PICKLE

Town in a Sweet Pickle (Candy Holliday Murder Mystery) - B.B. Haywood

From the cozy coastal charm, to the delightful cast of characters (More Herr Georg, please B.B.!), the Candy Holliday Mystery series has been one of my go to series since I started reading cozy mysteries several years ago. I was an instant fan with the first book, TOWN IN A BLUEBERRY JAM, and I have read every book in the series since.

TOWN IN A SWEET PICKLE is the sixth installment and one of my favorites (after the first two). It was filled with action and fast paced chapters. So much happened in this story, it made my head spin (in a good way)!

I also love all the celebrations Cape Willington is famous for. This time it was a cooking contest which was a lot of fun, well it was until poisoned pickles turned up. While bad for the characters, it was a good thing for us readers because it led to a great mystery.

Author Haywood also brings out a continuing sub-story that has been building since the first book.

Readers will also enjoy the delicious recipes and helpful canning tips that are included.

I really enjoyed my time with Candy, her father, and friends and look forward to my next visit to Cape Willington.